In India, mangoes and its many forms are an intrinsic part of summers. Raw or ripe, mangoes are a delight in all its forms. One raw mango delicacy that I cannot miss this summer is a chilled glass of Aam Panna. This is the Gujarati version of aam ka panna which is also known as keri no panna.
Aam panna or keri no panna is made of raw mango which is boiled and the pulp is used to prepare this sweet and tangy drink. To this pulp, freshly ground cardamom powder, saffron and sugar is added depending upon the taste preference. I remember my grandmother preparing this drink in summers and it was and is still one of the staple in our household to prevent ourselves from the scorching heat.
Health Benefits of Aam Panna:-
- It helps to prevent the loss of salts and iron from our bodies. During my childhood days I have heard people saying that this drink is a great coolant in summers.
- It also helps in digestion and strengthen the immune system.
- It prevents diarrhea which is quite common in summer.
- It is rich in Vitamin C and Iron
In short, aam panna or kairi panna is the best summer drink to consume rather than those aerated drinks which has no benefits. So here’s a delicious recipe of Aam panna you can try at home this summer ! Let me know how you liked it, in the comments section below.
Preparation Time – 15 Minutes
Serve – 4 glasses
2 No. – Raw Mangoes, boiled
3/4 Cup – Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon- Cardamom Powder
Few strands of Saffron
4 Cups – Chilled Water
How to go about it :-
- In a bowl, mash the boiled mangoes and strain the pulp.
- To this pulp, add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron. Mix well so as to dissolve the sugar properly.
- Your Amma panna or keri panna concentrate is ready.
- Store in a bottle and refrigerate.
How to serve :-
Pour equal quantity of aam panna concentrate in each glasses and add chilled water to it. Mix well and serve !
- You can make a more healthier version of this recipe by replacing sugar with jaggery. Grate the jaggery and add it to the panna to dissolve well.
- To make the unsweetened version – To the mango pulp, add roasted 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1,4 teaspoon black salt ad few mint leaves and blend to make the smooth paste.
- You can also roast the mangos to make this drink.It will give the smoky flavor to the drink. Check the recipe here – Aam Pora Shorbat.
- You can refrigerate the concentrate for 4-5 days and use as and when required.
Are you making this recipe? Would like to see your creation, don’t forget to share with us ! Tag Paarulz Kitchen and uses #paarulzkitchen to share your pictures. For more exciting recipes follow me at Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!