Summers has hit Bangalore and the heat is unbearable. To stay hydrated all the day round I prepare coolers using seasonal fruits and Aam Pora Shorbot aka roasted aam panna is one of them. Normally aam panna is made by boiling raw mangoes and grinding it into pulp by adding some indian spices along with mint. In this recipe we directly roast the raw mangoes over the flame to get that smoky flavor in the drink.
I have used totapari mangoes as it is less sour than the other mangoes. This roasted aam panna is a refreshing drink with slightly tang and spice flavors to it.It is said that this helps to cool your body and rejuvenate your soul.
So here is my recipe to make this refreshing Aam Panna drink. Do give it a try and share your comments with me for the same. For the main course dish, you could prepare Aamras http://www.paarulzkitchen.com/aamras-puri-perfect-combo/
this summer along with some scrumptious Pooris as well.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Serve – 7-8 glasses
2 no. Raw Mangoes (large)
50 grams or 1/4 cup – Sugar
8-10 – Mint Leaves
1/4 teaspoon- Black Salt
1 teaspoon – Roasted Cumin powder
1 teaspoon – Black Pepper Powder
4-5 glass – Chilled Water
Crushed Ice cubes
How to go about it –
- Wash the raw mangoes and pat dry them.
- Prick the holes with the help of fork all over the mangoes and grill them on the flame.
- Keep rotating the mangoes occasionally so that they are roasted evenly.
- Roast until the skin of the mango turns black in color. Remove from the flame and allow it cool.
- Peel off the skin and take the mango pulp and discard the seed.
- In a blender, add mango pulp, sugar, mint leaves, black salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder and blend for few minutes until all the ingredients are incorporated well.
- Now add the water and blend for 2 minutes. Your Aam pora shorbot is ready to serve.
- Pour aam panna in the glasses, add some ice cubes and serve!
- I have used Totapari mangoes but you can use any other raw mango to make this drink.
- You can replace sugar with jaggery or honey.
- If you don’t like to have charred flavor, you can pressure cook the mangoes for 5- minutes.
- Adding mint leaves is optional.
- You can store this drink in refrigerator in glass bottle for a week.