Mango season is here and different varieties of mangoes are available in the market. Bought my first batch of alphonso mangoes and made family’s favorite aamras and puri with my grand mom’s recipe.
This easy and quick dessert is made in every Gujarati house during summers and on special occasions. It is also called as ‘Keri ka ras’.
It is very easy to make this; blend the chilled mango pieces, add some sugar and dash of cardamom and saffron. I am sure you will be in love with this deadly combination. Do try out and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Serves – 4-5
3 ripe mangoes (cut into cubes)
4 tablespoon – sugar OR as required depending upon the sweetness of mangoes
¼ teaspoon – cardamom powder
1/2 cup – chilled milk
How to go about it –
- Wash and peel the mangoes and cut them into small cubes.
- In a blender, add mango cubes, sugar and cardamom powder. (You can skip sugar if the mango is sweet or can add according to your taste).Blend until smooth puree.
- Add ½ cup chilled milk and blend again.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl and serve chilled with hot puris.
- For the aamras to taste perfect use ripe mangoes, kesar and alphonso is what my grand mom used to make this lip smacking aamras. But unfortunately kesar is not available here so I use alphonso.
- You can add sugar or even skip it depending upon the sweetness of mango.
- Better to use chilled mangoes and milk or you can keep the aamras in refrigerator for sometime before serving.
- Dash of other flavoring ingredients can be added like saffron, ginger powder or cinnamon powder.
- Taste good when eaten fresh but you can store it in the air tight container in freezer for 1 week.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!