Friends! I’m super excited to introduce you to my blogger friend Poonam Bachhav from Annapurna, who is bringing you this beyond delicious recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oats Muffins. I met Poonam through one of the Facebook group where we share recipes on various themes.A microbiologist turned into a blogger, Poonam writes about healthy, innovative and heirloom recipes in her blog. If you are looking for traditional Maharashtrian dishes along with some healthy bakes check out her blog link mentioned in the end of the post, I am sure you will bookmark some, if you happen to try any of her recipes do share your feedback with us, We would love to hear from you.
Without taking much of your time lets move on to the delicious recipe of these Apple Cinnamon Oats Muffins .
Apple Cinnamon Oats Muffins are very nutritious and serve as a delicious way to start the day. These healthy muffins are egg-less, butter-less, refined flour and refined sugar free. Here APF is replaced with whole wheat flour and oats. Jaggery powder is used as a sweetener. The muffins have subtle warm flavors of cinnamon and just to make them more appealing to the kids , I have topped the muffins with some chocolate chips. Serve these beauties as guilt free mid day snack or as a after meal dessert or with some hot milk at breakfast. Kids would love to take them in their lunch box for sure. The muffin stay good at room temperature for 2 days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving : 8 muffins
Ingredients: Measurements used 1 cup = 200 ml
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats ( i have used instant oats)
- 1 cup peeled, grated Apple
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder
- 1/3 cup curd
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips ( i have used Hersheys)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Line the muffin tray with individual paper muffin holders. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl take curd and add jaggery powder or grated jaggery to it. Blend well until the jaggery completely dissolves in the curd . Add Vanilla extract and oil to this mix and stir well. Our wet ingredients are ready.
- In another bowl sift the whole wheat flour , add oats , baking powder, baking soda and salt to it. Mix well. Now mix the wet and dry ingredients. To this batter add the peeled and grated apple. Fold well. Do not over beat the batter at this stage.
- Spoon out the batter into the muffin holders upto 3/4 of its capacity. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and top each of them with chocolate chips.
- Tap the muffin tray once or twice on the kitchen counter to release the trapped air .
- Transfer the muffin tray into a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- To check for the doneness , insert a tooth pick in the center of the muffin. If it comes out clean , the muffins are baked well, if the batter sticks to the toothpick, bake or another 4-5 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool down on a wire rack, before transferring them to an air tight container.
- The muffins stay good for about 2 days at room temperature.
- Topping the muffins with chocolate chips is optional, you may add chopped nuts of your choice instead.
To read more food stories , gourmet travalogue, and exotic recipes , subscribe us via email and follow us at Face book , instagram and twitter – http://www.paarulzkitchen.com
Don’t forget to check out Poonam’s blog for more delish recipe like these !!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!