Impress your guests with these beautiful rose shaped dessert made with soft apple slices wrapped in sweet and crisp pastry sheets.Apple roses are easy to make , and have absolutely gorgeous presentation and best of all they taste amazing ! Here is the simple recipe to make these honey drizzled apple roses.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 45 mins
Serves – 6 rosette
2 red apples
2 pastry sheets
1/2 lemon or 2 tablespoon lemon juice
4 tablespoon – honey
2 teaspoon – unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon
powder sugar – for decorating (optional)
flour – for dusting
How to go about it –
- Grease the muffin tray with unsalted butter and keep aside. If using silicon muffin mould, omit this step.
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature, this takes some 20-25 mins.
- Prepare the bowl half filled with water and lemon juice. Cut the apples in half ,remove the core and cut the apple in paper thin slices. Leave the peel this will give red color to your roses.Toss the apple slices in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Microwave apples in the bowl for 5 minutes to make them slightly softer and easy to roll. If you prefer, you can also simmer the apple slices with lemon juice-water in the pan on gas.The apple slices should be cooked just enough to bend without breaking. If they break, you need to cook them a little more.
- Unwrap the pastry sheet oven a clean and sightly floured counter.Using a rolling pin stretch it into rectangular shape and cut it into 2 inch wide six stripes.
- In a bowl, take honey and warm it for 30 seconds in microwave to get runny consistency so that it is easier to spread.Spread thin layer of honey on each strip.
- Preheat oven 190 degree celsius. Drain the apples.
- Arrange the apples on the strip lengthwise overlapping each other and sprinkle the cinnamon powder.
- Fold up the bottom of the strip and begin tightly rolling the strip to form the rose shape.Seal the edge at the end by pressing with your finger.Place in the muffin tray. Repeat the same step for all the rosette.
- Bake at 190 degree celsius or 375 F for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Drizzle some honey for extra sweetness or you can sprinkle powdered sugar.Beautiful rosette is ready to serve!
- Make sure the pastry sheet is fully cooked before removing it from the oven. After 30 mins of baking, apple starts to burn move the tray to lower rack or cover it with aluminum foil and finish baking.
- These are best eaten right after baking when they are warm and crisp.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 3 days , you can always warm them in microwave for few mins before serving. Also stored in room temperature for 2 days.
- Unbaked assembled rosette can be covered and stored in refrigerator for 1 day before baking as directed.
If you like my recipe, I would love to hear from you. Leave your comments and subscribe. Follow me on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!