To me, almond and bananas are an essential combination in life. This morning I made Banana oatmeal almond smoothie. This is a thick blender creation packed with almonds and oats, sweetened with banana and cinnamon… and spoonful of honey for extra sweetness! Drink this Banana Oatmeal Smoothie before your morning exercise routine and you’ll have the energy you need to get through your workout.
- 2 bananas (preferably frozen)
- 3 cups skimmed milk
- ½ cup cooked oats
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup ice
- pinch of cinnamon
How to go about it –
- Peel and chop the banana into small pieces.
- In a blender, blend banana, milk, cooked oats, almonds, honey, ice and cinnamon for 1 minute or until smoothie thickens.
- Drink and enjoy!
- I like to freeze my banana slices overnight to get an colder, creamier consistency out of my shake.
- Can skip adding honey, I add it for extra sweetness.
- Can replace skimmed milk with full cream.
- Add a scoop of protein powder for an extra filling breakfast.