Snuggle up on a cold evening with this easy to make beetroot mushroom soup. Beets are extremely healthy and when combined with mushroom and oregano tastes just perfect ! These days we are enjoying the Bangalore weather with hot piping soups. I try to experiment with the ingredients and some fresh veggies. So today it is mushrooms and beet.
Lets check out the recipe for beetroot soup –
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
2 whole – beets (big)
2 teaspoon – butter or olive oil
10-12 no. – mushroom (small size)
1 no. – onion
3 cloves – garlic
4 cups – vegetable broth
4-5 no. – black pepper seeds
1/2 teaspoon – oregano powder
salt to taste
Coriander – to garnish
How to go about it –
- Wash and clean mushrooms, roughly chop them and keep aside.
- Peel and chop beets into slices and keep aside.Roughly chop onions and garlic.
- In a large pot, add butter or olive oil to this add garlic & sauté onion until it caramelizes and give off sweet aroma.
- Now add beets and mushroom, sauté for 5 minutes or until well coated with butter or oil.
- Add vegetable stalk, oregano, salt and bring it to boil.Turn the heat down to medium low, cover the lid and cook until the beets and mushrooms are tender.Skim off the foam that appears on the surface occasionally.
- Blend the soup, add freshly ground black pepper and vanish with coriander.
- Serve hot with roasted almonds or bread.
- While serving soup you can top it with fresh cream.
- No cornflour is added here, you can add small potato for adjusting the soup consistency.