Bel or wood apple is a summer favourite. Flavoured with salt and cardamom or mint leaves bael juice is the perfect drink to cool yourself on a sunny day. Bel is a powerful fruit packed with many nutrients like beta-carotene, protein, and vitamin C.
Bel has many health benefits it helps in digestion, heart problems and respiratory issues It treats ulcer and constipation. Also it helps in purification of blood. It is considered to be great energy drink in scorching heat.
To prepare Bel ka sharbat you need ripe Bel. The pulp is scooped out, soaked in warm water. Later mashed and strained. Bel fruit is naturally sweet but you can add jaggery or sugar depending on your taste preference. Mixed with chilled water and you are good to go to enjoy this nutritious drink!
Let’s learn to make this healthy and energizing drink to treat your family this summer.
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Serve – 6-7 glasses
3 Medium sized – Bel / wood apple
5 Cups – Water
1/2 Cup – Jaggery, powdered
1/4 Teaspoon – Cardamom Powder
1/3 Teaspoon – Roasted Cumin Powder
Pinch of Salt
How to go about it :-
- To prepare bel ka sharbat, first break the outer shell of the fruit with stone or hitting it on the floor and scoop the pulp in the large bowl with the help of scooper or spoon
- Pour in some warm water and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now mash the pulp with your hands or with vegetable masher.
- Strain the pulp using the strainer so as to separate the seeds and the fiber.Repeat the process once again adding some more water.
- Add jaggery to the mixture and cardamom powder, cumin powder and salt.Mix well.
- Add chilled water, ice cubes and mix well. Adjust the spices and sweetness as per your taste preference.
- Pour in the glasses and serve bel ka sharbat to beat the heat.
- You can add sugar in place of jaggery.
- Store it in refrigerator and consume within a day.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!