Today is the very special day.Yes its my sister’s birthday.She’s a smart, talented, independent, successful, and still gorgeous, grown up now. I hope she cherishes every growing-up moment.
For almost 22 years, I’ve shared a room with my sister so we’ve always been close. Like most sisters, we’ve gone through different stages–from playmates, to besties, to enemies, to shopping partners, to travel buddies and so on and so forth. Of course, it wasn’t always rainbows and butterflies between us. We’ve had our fair share of fights and tears through the years. But even so, I can honestly say she’s always been there for me–cheering me on, supporting me in all my endeavors and even sacrificing her time and energy to help me with stuff (often visiting my friends) that don’t benefit her in any way. Whenever someone is putting me down and whenever I need help. She’s my confidante, no. 1 supporter, defender and bestie. I may not tell her this much but I couldn’t ask for a better sister and I’m beyond grateful that I have her to hold my hand always.
This is why whenever I see her sad, it pains me that I can’t seem to do the same for her–that I can’t wash away her worries the way she does for me and I can’t fix her problems the way she fixes mine. I wish I can make her see what I see in her because in my eyes, she’s a super girl, amazing artist ,smart, beautiful, and able to do anything she puts her mind into.
She’s the person who totally gets me. She inspires me to be better. When I have one of those days where I used to lock myself in my room to maintain my sanity, she is the person I call. And when something good happens in my life, she is the person I want to share it with. And not to forget she is my “kitchen partner” actually a food taster. Anything I used to cook she is the first person to comment and I am glad to see she is a wonderful cook herself ☺
Chocolates !!! Ahh !! This is one thing she can eat 24 * 7 .Anything that has chocolate is her favorite. Other than this donuts, pizza , cupcakes , not to forget her all time fav. Coffee (let me tell you she makes the best coffee I have ever had). And the list of her favorite food can go on and on as she is a big foodie.
To my dearest Rupal, I believe in you. Don’t forget to believe in yourself too. Have faith that things will work out because you deserve it. And if you get scared taking the big leap, know that I’m right beside you. It’s my turn to hold your hand through this.
Now when we are in different cities I miss that part of me who was always a better version of myself when I was with her. I missed singing together, I missed her silliness and her creativity.
Wishing you best of everything and lots of happiness , love and success on your birthday Dear Sister. May all your dreams come true !! Happy Birthday Sweetie <3
Being a die hard chocoholic this is one thing you can never say NO to 🙂 Enjoy your treat !!
This super moist eggless chocolate cake is layered and covered with dark chocolate ganache.Perfect treat when you crave for rich chocolate cakes. Check this recipe-
For making cake –
1 cup – All purpose flour (Maida)
3 tablespoon – milk powder
3 tablespoon – cocoa powder
3/4 cup – powdered sugar
1 teaspoon – baking powder
1/2 teaspoon- baking soda
1/4 teaspoon – salt
1/4 cup – oil
1 cup – water
1 teaspoon – vanilla essence
1 teaspoon – vinegar
Ingredients For Frosting –
For Making Ganache –
2 cups – chocolate
1 cup – heavy whipping cream
How to go about it –
- Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius.
- Grease, dust and line 6 inch baking pan.
- Sift together all purpose flour, milk powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. I would suggest to sift these dry ingredients twice.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and sugar powder.Mix well with spatula or hand whisk.
- To these dry ingredients, add oil, water and vanilla essence. Mix so that no lumps are formed.
- Now just before pouring this cake mix to the pan, add vinegar and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let the pan sit on the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Now flip the cake carefully on the cooling wire and remove the baking paper. Allow it to cool.
For Making Chocolate Ganache-
- In a heavy bottom pan, simmer the cream till you see the bubbles.
- To the cream, add grated chocolate.
- Allow it to sit for 30 seconds till the chocolate start melting.
- Now slowly start mixing it in a circular motion with hand whisk or spatula.(Do not mix it vigorously)
- You can see a gritty mixture, do not worry keep mixing it slowly and see there are no lumps. and in few mins you see the shiny and smooth ganache ready.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Ganache is ready to drizzle or glaze on cakes .
- For piping let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours min covering it with cling wrap so that no sugar film is formed.
- Once the ganache is set you can frost or pipe it on your cakes and cup cakes as desired.
How to Frost your cake –
- Slice the cake in two halves.
- Apply some frosting on the board and place the cake on it.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the cake with the knife or spatula.
- Place another layer on top of it and add some more frosting.
- keep it in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Now cover the entire cake with the ganache and again keep in fridge for 20 mins.
- You can pipe the rosettes or decorate the cake as desired.
- Cakes frosted with ganache can be stored at room temp for 1 day and in fridge for 3 days.
- You can store the ganache in air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and in the freezer for 2-3 months. Just thaw it before use.
- You can add butter in the ganache preparation to give a shiny glaze.Add butter after adding cream to the chocolate.
- For cakes – whisk the dry ingredients twice.
- Do not use old baking powder or baking soda. The results vary, this is one thing I have seen in my baking journey.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you slice it for frosting.
Voila ! Your decendent, moist chocolate cake is ready to serve. Slice it and enjoy !!
Do share your feedback in comments if you like my recipe. Its always good to hear from you.Share your feedback in comments section or in my Facebook page. You can follow me on Instagram now.