Do you know why these Blue tea is making such a splash ? Because it has some pretty mesmerizing qualities.Once water is added to the tea, the deep blue liquid changes color based on the pH of whatever is added next. Squeeze in some lemon or add some honey, and the blue changes to purple. Its mesmerizing qualities have made BLUE TEA a hit with anyone who enjoys a little whimsy in their life. These beauties are not just to use it for making tea you can whip and create some delectables bakes and desserts too.
I was contacted quite a long while back by Mr. Sunil Saha from bluetea.co.in ,an organic tea company introducing Indian population with this 100% natural , caffeine free tea. Discussing with him the benefits of blue tea and its fascinating color changing properties I agreed to try this product.He wanted to send a free sample packet of their blue tea dry flowers to me to try out. All natural and organic blue… tea? I was happy to try this new product and was waiting for my parcel to come.
Soon the sample arrived from BLUE TEA INDIA and I was excited to play with my new ingredient . To be frank seeing these tiny flowers I was unsure about what to make ? I wanted to try these 100% nature, caffeine free flowers in baking. Decided to make blue cookies using these beautiful flowers which have mild and earthy flavor along with dash of coco and vanilla. Unfortunately, have to hold on due to some unexpected events, but now when I am back to my kitchen here I am sharing my experiment with these fascinating and healthy blue tea dry flowers.
Check this recipe of Blue bites and I am sure you will be in love with it as I do ! oh yes I did not stop here; made blue tea lemonade, dessert bowl and it was a hit in family and friends !! Some more experiments soon ….
I choose to decorate some of these cookies with blue tea royal icing.Here is recipe of royal icing –
For Royal Icing:
½ cup – icing sugar
1 ½ teaspoon – cornstarch
2 tablespoon – blue tea concentrate
1 teaspoon- lemon juice
2-3 teaspoon – milk
- Sift the sugar and cornstarch together and put it into a bowl. Add lemon juice and milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture becomes smooth, but thick paste.Add blue tea concentrate and mix well.
- Adjust the consistency as required . Fill your icing bag and start decorating your cookies.
- Always keep your icing covered until ready to use as it dries out quickly.
- It is advisable that you bake few cookies before proceeding to bake the remaining dough. If your cookies deform, your dough are too oily and hence you may need to add more flour to salvage the batch.
- You can add more sugar depending on the amount of sweetness you need.
- Every oven is different and you may need to adjust the temperature.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and than store it in airtight containers.
- Do not refrigerate the decorated cookies.
Try these blue bites for your Christmas party and kids will love it 🙂 Would love to hear from you ,do share your views in comments below.
Disclosure : I did not receive any monetary compensation for this product review.