Confused ??? These are not coat buttons..
these are “BUTTON COOKIES”…
Flaky, thin and absolute melt in the mouth cookies, freshly baked by me..
And yes, it’s an eggless cookie…
Butter – 1 cup
Icing sugar – 3/4th cup
Flour – 2 cups
Vanilla essence – 1.5 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Yellow food color – 1/2 tsp
1. The butter should be at room temperature, whisk to make it smooth.
2. Then add the icing sugar, food colour and whisk again.
3. Then add the vanilla essence, cornflour and flour. Mix in to form a dough.
4. Now chill it in the fridge for 10 minutes. Roll it out and cut the shapes using a cookie cutter
5. I used another smaller cookie cutter on already cut raw cookie to make a light circular dent on the surface. Poke some smaller holes using a tooth pick.
6. Bake them for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 165℃. Cool them.
P.S : I have added powdered food color, hence added while whisking the sugar and but if you are using gel or liquid food color, add it after the dough is formed.
Author- Sreemoyee Bhattacharjee
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!