A simple and healthy soup recipe to have on your table in minutes! Winters is the perfect time to make this soup when tender and fresh carrots are available in the market which gives this soup great flavor and color.
Carrot soup with ginger is a nutritious and low fat soup recipe with just a touch of sweetness and a touch of spice and definitely worth the effort! Lets get on to the detail to make this healthy soup.
For this recipe I saute’d the onions and garlic in some olive oil before adding in the other ingredients.Cook it on lower flame ,cool and blend. You can garnish the soup with some pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds and red paprika like I did or just keep it simple.
What to Serve with Carrot Ginger soup; You can pair this refreshing carrot soup with grilled vegetables or stir fry veggies to make a fulfilling meal.
Lets move on to the recipe;
Preparation Time – 10 minutes , Serves – 2
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
1 tablespoon – Olive Oil
1 No. – Onion, chops
2 No. – Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tablespoon – Ginger, grated
4 Cups or 350 grams – Carrots, peeled and diced
3 Cups – Vegetable broth
2 Cups – Water
1 No. – Bay leaf
1/2 Teaspoon- Black Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon – Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon – Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
1 Teaspoon – Pumpkin Seeds, to garnish (optional)
1/4 Teaspoon – Red Paprika, to garnish (optional)
How to go about it –
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add bay leaf.
- Saute, onion and garlic over the medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add carrots, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, stir and combine. Cook for 15- 20 minutes, on low heat until the carrots are soft.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
- Been the soup in the blender until smooth.Return to the pan and reheat gently.
- Stir in lime juice and your soup is ready.
- Garnish with Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and some red paprika and serve hot.
- This soup can be frozen unto 2 months. Store them in small air tight containers and freeze. thaw before serving.
- You can garnish with the dollop of fresh cream or to keep it vegan with coconut cream.
This carrot ginger soup is packed with full of heathy veggies, and happens to be vegan! If you happen to try this soup let me know how it turned out for you and share your pictures on Instagram or Facebook page @ Paarulzkitchenh.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!