Everyone loves a Chocolate Brownie! Whether you are a chewy brownie lover or a fudgy gooey Brownie lover, at the end of the day we all love the same cake. The fact that you can mix it in less than 5 minutes and cook it in 1 minute seems too good especially for your late night dessert cravings 🙂 For this month Recipe swap challenge I am paired with Sandhya Ramakrishnan, who blogs at My Cooking Journey. Glad to see some amazing recipes in her blog, but as you know I always look for some instant dessert recipes and this recipe of single serve brownie was something I want to try my hands on!! I am using whole wheat flour and brown sugar here in place of all purpose flour and white sugar.
This recipe is created for Recipe Swap Challenge for the month of August.
So here we go with the recipe of this chocolicious brownie. I prefer having it with scoop of vanilla ice-cream but you are free to make a choice of your favorite scoop of ice-cream or just with some hot fudge and nuts.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 minute
Serve – 1
2 tablespoon – Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tablespoon – Cocoa Powder
1/4 teaspoon – Baking Powder
A pinch – Salt
2 tablespoon – Brown Sugar
2 tablespoon – Oil
2 tablespoon – Water
1/4 teaspoon – Vanilla extract
2 tablespoon – Dark Chocolate Chips
Vanilla Ice cream – Optional (for serving)
How to go about it :-
- Lightly grease the ramekins bowl or the mug and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, oil, water and vanilla extract until combined.
- To the wet ingredients, sift whole wheat flour, cocoa powder , baking powder and salt, Mix together until well combined. Check no lumps are found.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Fill the ramekins or mug with brownie batter and top off with chocolate chips.
- Now microwave on high temperature for 1 minute.
- Voila! Your extra chocolatey fudge brownie is ready to serve !
- Top it with your favorite scoop of ice cream, some chocolate sauce or hot fudge and you are good to go 🙂
- The brownie can be done in 45 seconds to 1 minute. if it doesn’t look cooked keep it for another 15- 30 seconds.
- This recipe can be made with all purpose flour too.
- Recipe adapted from here – http://mycookingjourney.com/single-serve-microwave-brownie
For more recipes you can follow me on Facebook and Instagram and if you like the recipe please share your comments below.
Happy baking !