This is quick and easy raita recipe goes well with most rice dishes. I love to have it with vegetable biryani or capsicum rice. Just few ingredients and within minutes your tasty raita is ready to serve.
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Serves – 2
1 cup – thick curd
1 medium size – grated cucumber
1 teaspoon – roasted cumin powder / jeera powder
½ teaspoon – red chili powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon – coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to go about it –
- Wash and grate the cucumber and keep aside.
- In a bowl take 1 cup approximately 250 ml curd, whisk it.
- Add grated cucumber (squeeze off cucumber juice to make thick raita).
- Add roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Give it a mix so that the spices blend well.
- Serve it with vegetable biryani/ pulao or any rice dishes.
- Do not use sour or watery curd to make raita it will not give good taste and texture.
- You can add mint paste to enhance flavor.
- Keep refrigerated till serving.
- You can enjoy this thick cucumber raita chilled without any accompaniments.