Its healthier and (cheaper) to make your own energy bar at home. Here is a healthy recipe with dates, fig and nuts that is really decadent and delicious.No cooking required ! Isn’t it great ? Lets check out the quick recipe to make your own energy bar.
This recipe is prepared for A- Z Recipe Challenge and the alphabet for the this month is D and I have chosen dates as the main ingredient.
Preparation Time – 1hour (included the setting time)
Serve – 10 pieces
2 cups – Dates, pitted & chopped
1/2 cup – Figs, chopped
2 cups – Raw cashew nuts
1/2 cup – Raw almonds
2 tablespoon – Coconut, shredded
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoon – Vanilla Extract
3-4 teaspoon – Water
How to go about it –
- In a food processor, combine chopped dates, figs, half almonds and salt.
- Pulse and process all the ingredients together until the texture is coarse.
- Now add shredded coconut, give a quick pulse. Add vanilla extract, little water at a time until it reaches the dry but moist dough consistency.
- Add cashew and left over almonds & give it a good mix.
- Scrape the sides of the processor and transfer the mixture into a lined tray, press evenly with the spatula. Chill for about 40-45 minutes before serving.
- If the dates are dry, you can soak them in water overnight to get the moist dates mixture.
- Store in air tight container, stays good for 9-10 days in refrigerator.
Energy dates fig bar is great quick snacks for busy days, weekend adventures and pre-workout snack. If you found this recipe helpful, please share it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter with your friends and leave your comments below, it will keep me motivated !
Do try this delicious energy bars for your loved ones and share your feedback and images. Do not forget to tag me @paarulzkitchen or you can post on my Facebook or Instagram.
Happy and healthy cooking !