What if you don’t eat eggs??
Don’t worry; here is my recipe for eggless savory French toast. And to make it healthy I have used Farmz2Familiez Multigrain Dosa Batter and brown bread.
Try these crisp savory French toast with veggies of your choice. Let’s move on to the recipe –
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 15 mins
Serve- 2 persons
2 cups Farmz2Familiez Multigrain Dosa Batter (or any dosa batter)
4 brown bread slices (or you can use any bread of your choice)
1 teaspoon – oil
1/2 teaspoon – mustard seeds
½ teaspoon– urad dal
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
1 finely chopped green chili
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
1 pinch asafoetida
1 teaspoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
Salt to taste
For Toasting –
Ghee or Oil
How to go about it –
- Trim the edges of each bread slice and keep aside.
- In a pan, add 1 teaspoon oil. Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutter, now add urad dal and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add curry leaves, green chili, onion, ginger, asafoetida and sauté for 2 – 3 mins.
- Now add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Transfer the tempering to the dosa/ idly batter and add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Now the batter is ready to make toast. This whole process is called – Seasoning the batter.
- Heat a non stick pan/ tawa and drizzle few drops of ghee or oil.
- Take one slice of the bread and dip one side of the bread carefully in the batter.
- Immediately place the dipped bread on the tawa and toast till it becomes golden brown.
- Pour the spoonful of batter on top of the bread, add finely chopped tomatoes and coriander leaves and flip carefully.
- Drizzle few drops of ghee/oil around and on the top of the bread slice and toast it till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve hot and crispy savory French toast with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- You can add veggies of your choice.