Eggless chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting! Na Na Mango shrikhand frosting!! Aren’t they beautiful? This will make great Christmas present!
The thing about this recipe is, it is not only easy to make, with ingredients that you already have in your pantry, but it gives you moist and delicious cuppies.
It is quite easy to put together. Put the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in the other bowl, than just whip everything together and your batter is ready. Pour into cupcake liners and bake in the pre-heated oven. Voila! Your cupcakes are ready 🙂
I do have an eggless chocolate cupcake recipe which I use on the regular basis. As I have been trying different recipes so recently tried this one from one of the fellow blogger Khushboo Kothari from her blog carveyourcraving. Its the amazing food blog with lovely recipes wonderfully carved by her.Truly as said by her this is ‘No fail recipe’.
Recently made these yummy and moist chocolate cuppies for Oldies Yoga group in my community. This was actually for an order for one of the members birthday and for them butter cream or ganache frosting was not a good idea J But how can a birthday be without frosted cuppies? And…than,
I wanted to make these cupcakes special so I made mango shrikhand and piped it as swirled pattern and it really looked pretty. Perfect for any special day.
More than anything I was so happy to see that they all like the cupcakes J Wish I have the picture of birthday girl posing with the cupcakesJ
Now it’s your turn to treat the chocolate lovers of your family with this delicious cupcake – a perfect baked dessert.
Let’s get started!!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Serves – 15-18 standard cupcakes
1 ½ cup – All purpose flour / maida
½ cup – cocoa powder
1 cup – sugar (granulated, small grains) OR 200 ML condensed milk
1 teaspoon baking soda (exactly one teaspoon)
¼ teaspoon and a pinch – salt
1 cup – milk
½ cup – oil
2 teaspoon – vinegar
1 teaspoon – pure vanilla extract
Handful of choco chips
How to go about it –
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree C or 350 degree F. Prepare the cupcake or muffin tin with the cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients (All purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt). For best results sieve from height it will give tender crumbs.
- In a glass, add vinegar and milk and let it stand for a minute. Stir in oil. (If you don’t have vinegar, use 1 cup sour buttermilk as milk + vinegar is nothing but butter milk and replace milk).
- In dry ingredients, mix the liquids and whip with electric mixer or spatula till the batter is smooth and has no lumps. DO NOT OVER BEAT. While mixing the liquids, add pure vanilla extract too.
- Ladle the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about two-thirds of the way full.
- In the centre put 3-4 choco chips. Extra chocolaty cuppies J
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
- Once cool, you can eat plain or drizzle with powdered sugar or frosting of your choice.
- I have made these cuppies replacing sugar with condensed milk. For the same quantity I have used 200 ml condensed milk. Cupcakes were perfect.
- While replacing sugar with condensed milk, add condensed milk while you are adding the liquids and than whip it all together.
- To measure the liquids always use liquids measuring cups.
- Sieve the dry ingredients from height it gives you tender crumbs.
- If you don’t have vinegar, use 1 cup sour buttermilk in place of milk.
- Adding choco chips in the centre of your batter while pouring in the cupcake tins.
- Use pure vanilla extract.
- If you see the cracks in your cuppies do not worry they will settle down and if you are frosting they are not visible anyway J
- Use best quality liners. At times you may feel the liners are soaked, cuppies being very moist.
- It stays good for 4-5 days in refrigerator when you store in air tight container and 3 days in the air tight container at room temperature (unfrosted cuppies). I have frosted these cuppies with Mango shrikhand as I said earlier butter cream and ganache was a no for the lovely ladies I made these cupcakes for. J but you can play around with different type of frosting or enjoy as it is. Will soon share the mango shrikhand frosting in the next post.
Enjoy baking these crazy cupcakes!!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hash tag it #paarulzkitchen — would love to see your creations on facebook or you can send me an email to my id – firstname.lastname@example.org and If you like reading the post do write your feedback.