Looking absolutely luscious, this soft and moist layer cake flaunting a flavor of strawberry and vanilla can cast an enchanting spell on your valentine with its thick decadent icing of pink buttercream. Preparing this smooth velvety strawberry cake is just so easy for how impressive and lavish it looks.
Let’s get right in to talking about this homemade eggless strawberry cake !
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
Serves – 7-8
For the Strawberry Puree:
2 cups – strawberries pureed*
For the Cake:
2 1/2 cups or 300 grams – all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups or 320 grams – granulated sugar
2 teaspoon – baking powder
1 teaspoon – baking soda
1/4 teaspoon – salt
1/2 cup or 150 ml – yogurt
3/4 cup or 160 ml – oil or melted unsalted butter
1 tablespoon- lemon juice or vinegar
1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
For the ButterCream Frosting:
1 1/2 cup – butter (at room temperature)
4 cup – confectionary sugar / icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon – salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoon – strawberry puree
How to go about it –
For the Strawberry Puree*:
- Clean and remove the stems. Cut them in half, place in the bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Place them in a food processor to blend them into a puree.aYou should end up with about 2 cups of strawberry puree.
For the Cake :
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Grease and flour the baking pan and place the parchment paper on it.
- Sift together, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, take strawberry puree, oil , yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and mix.
- Now slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Whip until mixed without lumps, do not over whip.
- Pour the batter into the pan and tap gently to remove air bubbles if any.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to sit for 5 minutes, than remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Buttercream :
- Sift the sugar twice and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter at medium speed for 3-4 minutes until its white and soft. I am using a hand beater here.
- Add salt, vanilla and beat on low-speed.
- Start adding sugar 1/4 cup at a time and beat on low-speed until it is incorporated well scraping the sides in between.
- Add strawberry puree and blend at low-speed .
- Now beat it for 5-6 minutes on high-speed.
- Check for the consistency or you can adjust by adding more sugar or tablespoon of lukewarm milk to adjust the consistency of your choice.
- Your buttercream is ready, you can use it to frost your cakes or can store in the airtight container in fridge. Always remember to thaw and rewhip your buttercream if you have kept it in the fridge.
Assemble the Cake :
- Trim the cake layer from the top to get the even surface.
- Frost the top of on of the layers of the round cake, than place the second layer not he top of it and frost.
- Place the third layer and frost the entire outside of the cake with strawberry frosting making it as smooth as possible.
- You can decorate the cake by making swirls , roses or anything as per your choice or keep it simple by decorating it with cut or whole strawberries. I am sure strawberries dipped in chocolate will be a treat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Used 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Granulated sugar used here are fine granules.
- Do not use sour curd.
- Use fresh and best quality ingredients.
- The cake here is light pink in color if you want your cake to be bright-colored use 2 -3 drops of pink color.
- Temperature may vary while baking, depending upon your oven.
Happy Valentine’s Day !!
Celebrate your special day with your loved ones and surprise them with this beautiful and luscious strawberry cake. If you like my recipe share your comments below or you can also comment in my Facebook or Instagram page.