Strawberry cookies are delicious , fruity , sweet bakes . Crispy on the edges and chewy in the center , these egg-less cookies loaded with fresh strawberries make up for a perfect summer-time snack. The recipe of these strawberries cookies is simple and easy to follow . I have made them from scratch using whole wheat flour , butter and cane sugar. For the beautiful pink color , i have added few drops of beetroot juice .The cookies can be served as snack at tea time or as a light after dinner dessert or at breakfast with milk.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
Serves: 8 cookies
•1.5 cup whole wheat flour
•4 tablespoon unsalted butter
•1/3 cup cane sugar / regular sugar
•1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
•3-4 drops of beetroot juice (optional)
•Pinch of Salt
1. In a bowl take the whole wheat flour and combine it with baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
2. Wash and hull the strawberries , slice them roughly and mash them in a bowl with a potato masher or using your finger tips. Add beetroot juice and vanilla essence to it. Mix , keep aside.
3. Now in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and add sugar to it. Whisk well. Add strawberry mix to it . Blend everything properly.
4. Now add flour to it in batches and combine into a dough. Do not knead much. The dough will be sticky,wrap it in a cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until it is easy to handle.
5. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius . After refrigeration time, the dough will be firm and easy to handle. Pinch out portions of the dough and make gooseberry size balls and flatten them .
6. Arrange all the cookies on a greased cookie tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely. Serve with milk and treat your loved ones.
8. If some cookies are left , keep them in an air tight container and use withing 4-5 days.
Author – Poonam Bachhav
For more strawberry recipes ;