Ruchi Shah is a food blogger based in Chennai. She is a homemaker and mom who loves to serve healthy dishes to family. In her blog you can find variety of healthy recipes that you can cook at home for your dear ones. Here in the guest post series Ruchi shares one of her own recipe CARROT UTTAPAM , which is kids friendly .Lets see what Ruchi has to say with us –
Kids are so fussy about their breakfast or lunch box … Having a fussy eater kid my most of the time occupy in thinking what next for little one’s Lunch box / Snacks.
Carrot Uttapam is a healthy breakfast / dinner made from Idli Dosa Batter. I have used Milagai Podi / Idli podi to give extra crunch and taste. Kids will love this Uttapam and so adults. Served with Coconut chutney and Coriander chutney. No Onion No Garlic recipe. One can add Onions as per taste.
3 cups Idli Batter
1 cup thinly grated Carrot
4 tsp chopped fresh Coriander
1 chopped Green Chilli ( Avoid if for Kids)
½ cup Idli Podi
- Add Salt in Idli Batter. Add little water if needed. Batter consistency should be thick. Heat a non stick tava on medium high heat, season. Check if the tava is hot, you will know when you sprinkle some water and it sizzles.
- When hot, pour a ladle full of the Idli Dosa Batter onto the tava and just give it a little swirl to spread it just a bit. It should be a like a thick pancake. Sprinkle a good amount of the carrot and coriander over the Uttapam.
- Now sprinkle idli podi. Drizzle some oil around the Uttapam and cover if you have a lid, else you can let it cook in the open.
- Once you notice the top is lightly steamed and the batter is not raw, press the filling down with a flat spatula.
- Then flip the Uttapam to cook on the other side. Turn the heat to medium high, so the vegetables cook fast. After about 30 to 40 seconds flip again and the Uttapam will be ready to be served.
- Serve the Carrot Uttapam along with Coconut chutney and Coriander chutney . Enjoy hot in breakfast, dinner or even pack into lunch box..
Hope you and your little one will enjoy this easy dish.. For more exotic, pure vegetarian dishes checkout my blog www.ruchisvegkitchen.com
To read more food stories , gourmet travalogue, and exotic recipes , subscribe us via email and follow us at Face book , instagram and twitter.