Samosa with the contemporary twist!! Mom wants to take some snacks for her friends and I got an opportunity to make these crispy, crumbly triangle shaped stuffed pastry.
Jalapeno and Cheese Samosa triangles are filled with spicy peppers, sweet corns and rich gooey cheese. The combination of which makes the treat deliciously good. These jalapeno and cheese samosas make for a great snack item perfect with an evening cup of hot tea, akka my favorite masala chai 🙂
You’ve had a lot of samosas, but this one will surely surpass the taste of all. With extra cheese filling and corns, it is surely a new age samosa!
Try out these crispy stuffed triangles and make your friends happy as mom did 🙂
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Serves – 12
1/2 packet cottage cheese or cheese spread
4 Jalapeno, finely chopped
½ cup sweet corn, boiled and crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
¾ teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon all purpose flour (mixed with 2 teaspoon of water to make paste)
12 samosa strips
Oil (for frying)
How to go about it –
- Take cottage cheese in a bowl, add jalapeno, crushed corns, onions, black pepper and salt.
- Take the samosa strip and place 1 spoon of cheese mixture in it.
- Fold the samosa strips in triangle shape and close the ends with flour paste that we made above.
- In a wok or deep sauce pan heat the oil and fry the samosas in batches until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towel lined tray.
- Serve these yummy puffed samosa with hot masala chai. You can also serve with mint coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- I have used samosa strips; you can also make the dough and make the wraps with whole wheat flour or all purpose flour.
- How to make dough- 1 ½ cups maida or wheat flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and water to knead the dough. Combine salt and flour in a large bowl. Add water little by little just enough to make soft dough. Brush with oil and set aside covered with muslin cloth for 20 minutes.
- Do not fry the samosas in very hot oil. Check the oil temperature before frying by putting a small ball of dough.
- For healthy version use fat free cheese spread and you can also bake the samosas at 350 degree F for 15-20 minutes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!