Rabri is unbelievably thick and creamy dessert which is prepared by boiling the milk till it becomes quarter to its quantity and changes its color to off white. This thick milk concoctions than flavored with aromatic rose water, saffron and nuts of your choice.
The preparation of rabri is quite simple but you need patience so it is advisable to prepare this while you are working in the kitchen with something else too so that you can keep an eye on it.Also it is suggested to use a kadhai or heavy bottom pan because the broad opening of the kadhai helps the milk to thicken faster and the milk evaporates quickly. The kadhai or heavy bottom pan is suggested as it ensures that while cooking the milk does not get burn.
Keeping these things in mind you can prepare this rick and creamy dessert at he comfort of your home.
So this rabri can be enjoyed as a standalone dish or can be served as a topping on crispy jalebi, malpuas and melt in mouth gulab jamun
Lets move on to the recipe that would help you to make this dessert at the comfort of your home with just handful of ingredients.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 hour 5 minutes
Serve – 4
1.5 Litre – Full Fat Milk
3 tablespoon – Sugar
1/4 teaspoon – Rose water
Few strands – Saffron
10-15 no. – Almond, Chopped
10-15 no. – Pistachios, Chopped
7-8 no. – Dry Rose Petals (To garnish)
How to go about it –
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring it to boil.
- Soak saffron in 2-3 tablespoon of milk and keep it aside.
- Lower the heat to medium low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan at regular intervals.
- Now add sugar, rose water and saffron soaked in milk and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the rabri to the serving bowl and garnish with chopped almonds, pistachio and very rose petals.
- Serve hot or you can chill rabbi in refrigerator for few hours before serving.
- Keep stirring the rabri while cooking at regular intervals so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to taste .
- You can make different flavors of rabri like Apple, litchi, stafhal, mango by adding the fruit puree to the prepared rabri.
- You can store rabri in an air tight / freezer safe container upto 2 weeks in freezer and whenever you want to use it, keep it on the counter for 1-2 hours or you can keep in refrigerator overnight.
Enjoy this creamy dessert and if you like the recipe, please leave your comments below. For more recipes subscribe at www.paarulzkitchen.com and follow me at Instagram and Facebook.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!