Making vegetable stock is one of those things that’s really easy to do, but I bet most of us don’t do it. Or, at least, don’t do it often. I use vegetable stock in a lot of my cooking. Making your own vegetable broth is so, so easy. And you know what else? It tastes so much better too.
What are the ingredients I use to make the vegetable stock?
Vegetable stock starts with a classic base of chopped up onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.Apart from these basic ingredients you can use any vegetables as per your preference, fresh or dried herbs (thyme, parsley, bay leaves) and spices available in your kitchen or as in the season.
Last but no the least just be sure everything that you use is CLEAN !
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VEGETABLE STOCK
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
2 Tablespoon – Olive Oil
2 No. – Large Onions, diced
4 No. – Large Carrots, diced
2 stalks – Celery, diced
4 Cloves – Garlic
1/2 Cup – Fresh Parsley
1 No. – Bay Leaf
1 Teaspoon – Black Peppercorns
2 Teaspoon – Dried Thyme
1 Teaspoon – Dried Rosemary
10-12 Cups – Water
Salt to taste
How to go about it –
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté Onions, carrots and celery over low to medium heat until onions turn translucent.
- Continue cooking until onion turns slightly brown, stirring continuously.
- Add garlic and sauce for 1 more minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt and dried herbs. Bring it to boil over medium heat. The key is to heat slowly to ensure maximum flavor extraction from the vegetables.
- Reduce the heat and cook on low heat(simmer) for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Near the end of the cooking add dried herbs- thyme and rosemary ,(last 15 minutes of cooking.)
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Strain the mixture through fine mesh strainer.
- Allow to cool completely and store in glass bottles or mason jars. Or you can freeze them in ice tray.
- Store in refrigerator upto 1 week and in freezer for 1 month.
- You can substitute dried herbs with handful of fresh herbs.
- This vegetable stock can be used in soups, gravies and more.
- Allow the stock to cool completely before sealing.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it or tag a picture @Paarulzkitchen_paarul on Instagram and hashtag it #Paarulzkitchen I’d love to see what you cook!
And please don’t forget to * (star) rate the recipe. Follow us at Pinterest and Facebook.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!