Fresh from the oven these little salty and sweet cookies flavored with the earthy sweetness cumin is so Yum! I love to have my evening tea which is usually a green tea with homemade cookies or tea cakes. I keep trying different recipes from mum’s notebook or from the internet, but now planning to put them in the blog one by one. So today I am sharing easy to assemble jeera cookies recipe.
To make these heavenly cumin cookies mix all the ingredients together, refrigerate the dough for sometime, roll the dough and cut it into desired shaped and bake ! Voila, your eggless roasted cumin cookies are ready to serve. You can bake for few extra minutes for crispy cookies. And also for the extra spice you can add chillies or fresh herbs.
Lets move on to the recipe –
Preparation Time – 35 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Serving – 15 cookies
1 cup + 2 teaspoon – all purpose flour
1/2 cup – unsalted butter
1/4 cup – icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon – salt
Pinch of Baking powder
2 teaspoon – cumin seeds
2-3 tablespoon – milk (optional)
How to go about it –
- In a pan, dry roast the cumin seeds till they are slightly brown and fragrant, this takes around 2-3 minutes.Allow it to cool
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the icing sugar and unsalted butter with the hand blender, until both are incorporated well.
- Now, sieve in the flour in butter-sugar mix and add salt.
- Mix well so that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add cumin seeds & baking powder and make a soft dough with your hand.
- Add milk (if required) little by little to bring together the cookie dough.I have used milk while making my batch of cookies.
- Set the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Now line your baking tray with parchment or butter paper and keep aside.
- Pre heat your oven at 180 degree celsius (350 F) for about 10-12 minutes.
- No dust your work surface with flour and roll the dough sprinkle the left over cumin seeds and cut the cookies in desired shape and size.
- Place the cookies on the lined baking tray. See that there is some gap between the cookies while you place them on the tray.
- Keep the cookies in refrigerator for 5- 10 minutes.
- Now bake the cookies in pre heated oven at 180 degree celsius for 14 -15 minutes till they are slight golden from the bottom.
- Place the cookies on the wired rack to cool completely.
- Store in the air tight container.
- Voila , your cookies are ready to serve with green tea or masala chai or just with a glass of milk to your kids as evening snack.
- The baking time may vary depending upon the thickness and size of the cookies. Also temperature varies from oven to oven.
- Use butter at room temperature.
- If using salted butter, skip adding butter while making a dough.
- You can add semi crushed cumin seeds if you do not like the whole cumin seeds.
- You can add chili or herbs for extra spice.
- If you want your cookies to be crisp, bake for some extra minutes. For me I baked them little less for slightly soft cookies.
- The cookies will be slightly soft when your take them out of the oven but will be perfect after cooking.
- I have used medium cookie cutter and got 15 cookies.
Hey friends, if you like my recipe do leave your comments below, you can also share your comments in my Facebook page Paarulz Kitchen or @ Instagram. Would love to hear from you <3
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!