Karva Chauth, one of the major Hindu festivals, is a fasting ritual observed by all married Hindu women who seek the longevity, prosperity and well-being of their husbands. Its a very popular festival all over the country but is majorly observed by women in Northern India.During this festival, women keep fast and pray for the healthy and happy married life.
Even a festival like karva chauth which is predominantly about fasting comes with its fair share of delicious delights. Here is the nutritious recipe for Sevai Kheer or Vermicelli paysam to prepare for feast after festival ceremonies. Wishing you Happy and blessed Karva Chauth.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 25 mins
Seves – 4
3 cups – milk (low fat)
1/2 cup – crushed vermicelli (sevai)
5 teaspoon – sugar
1/2 teaspoon – cardamom powder
2 tablespoon – dry fruits (chopped)
a few saffron strands
How to go about it –
- Heat a deep nonstick pan, add vermicelli and cook over a slow flame till it turns golden brown, while stirring occasionally.
- To these roasted vermicelli, add milk and simmer till the milk is reduces to half its original quantity. This may take 15- 20 mins.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and dry fruits and mix well.
- Your sevai kheer is ready to serve.Garnish with some more dry fruits and serve.
- Here I am using low fat milk. You can use full fat milk , condensed milk and lots of dry fruits to make it more rich.
- As a sweetener you can use stevia or honey. I often use them.
If you like my recipe please share your comments and would love to see your picture perfect when you try my recipe.You can post them on my Facebook page. Follow me on Instagram , Facebook and Twitter.
Do subscribe Paarulz Kitchen so that you don’t miss on something interesting !!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!