Rakshabandhan is the festival that celebrates brother – sister relationship, close and pure bond. One of the interesting aspects of every Indian festival is the variety of food that is served along with desserts.
This festive season I am sharing the recipe of Kesar kalakand very simple and quick method with just two main ingredients. Try this delicious milky fudge made with paneer and delicately flavored with kesar & topped with your favorite nuts.
Preparation Time – 2 mins
Cooking Time – 10 mins
Serves – 10
1 tin condensed milk (used Amul Mithai Mate, big tin)
250 grams – crumbled paneer
3 teaspoon – milk powder (optional)
1 teaspoon – crushed cardamom powder
2 tablespoon – milk
Few saffron strands
Nuts to garnish
Ghee or oil – to grease plate
How to go about it –
Pre – Preparation:-
- Grease your plate or tray with ghee or oil / Line it with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Steep the saffron in 2 tablespoon of warm milk, so that it releases the flavor and color.
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside. If you are using refrigerated paneer I would suggest grating it so as no lumps are formed.
- Grate the pistachios and nuts of your choice.
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix condensed milk, paneer, milk powder, saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- Start cooking this mixture on medium-low heat stirring frequently while cooking so as to avoid burning.
- Now when the mixture thickens and start to leave the sides of the pan switch off the gas.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased plate or foil tray. Spread it to half inch thickness. Smooth well with spatula or spoon.
- Top it with chopped nuts and few saffron threads, slightly tuck them in with spoon.
- Refrigerate kalakand for atleast 2 hours and cut into pieces.
- Store in the air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Paneer kalakand has to be refrigerated. You can set it out for few minutes before serving if you do not prefer to serve chilled.
- It is suggested to use heavy bottom pan.
How is this retro look of fudgy saffron kalakand? Is this not tempting you to try out this delicious kalakand?
Do try out and share your feedback .
If you like this post, please follow the blog via email to get post updates. Subscribe button is in the right side of this page.
Follow us on – Face book, Instagram and Twitter
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!