Ganesh Chaturthi also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi is one of the important Hindu festivals celebrated throughout India with a great devotion. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesh, the elephant-headed son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Lord Ganesh is the symbol of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune.
The most delectable part of this delightful festival that honors the remover of obstacles, Lord Ganesha is undoubtedly, the Modak!
Made these tasty and easy Kesar mawa modaks with crunch of pistachios and cashewnut. Try these lip smacking ladoos to please Lord Ganesha!!
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 10 mins
Serves – 6-7 modak (big size)
1 cup – grated mawa / khoya
¼ cup – powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon – cardamom powder
¼ cup – blanched and peeled chopped pistachios and cashew nuts
A few saffron strands (kesar)
2 teaspoon – milk (to soak saffron)
Ghee – to grease the moulds
How to go about it –
- Soak the saffron strands in milk and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, combine mawa/khoya and sugar. Cook on the slow flame stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from the flame, add cardamom powder & saffron milk and mix well.
- Now add chopped pistachios and cashewnuts. Mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Grease the mould with ghee and fill it with this mawa mixture. Level the bottom of the mould.
- Unmould carefully, and arrange the modak in the plate or store it in the air tight container.
- Always remember to grease the modak moulds.
- Can be stored in air tight container in refrigerator for a week.
If you like my recipe do share your feedback and follow Paarulz Kitchen at face book , Instagram and Twitter.