Leftovers are something that we have to deal with quite often. Many a times we have been faced with leftover rice, extra chapattis or idlis at the end of the day and tuck them into refrigerator!!Despite our best intentions have to dispose them off. But now say no to that, just use this recipe and a simple trick to convert your leftover chapatti into something that not only looks but tastes different from the original.This healthy breakfast dish can be prepared in no time at all by just using leftover chapattis. Follow the recipe carefully and no one will have any idea that your main ingredient in your dish is a leftover!
- 4-5 leftover roti
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 12-14curry leaves
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 dry red chili
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- coriander to garnish
- salt to taste
How to go about it –
- Roughly chop onions.
- Tear leftover rotis and finely crush in the mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan and add black mustard seeds, let them splutter. Add chopped onions and sauté them till it turns soft.
- Add curry leaves, red chili and green chili to the pan and mix well. Now toss it and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and toss.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with curd or pudhina chutney.
- You can add peas, carrots and corns.
- You can also add roasted groundnuts.