My entree for the contest is the inimitable Blueberry Muffins with lemony flavour…..
Prep time…15 minutes
Baking time…18 minutes
Yields about 12 medium size Muffins
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
1 Lemon, Zested
1 cup Blueberries fresh Or dried blueberries
Mix a little flour to the blueberries for preventing them from sinking to the bottom while baking.
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
¾ cups Sugar
1 cup yoghurt or Applesauce, can prepare by cooking two apples peeled and cored and cook till soft in three tablespoons of water.
½ cups Refined Oil
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF).
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt / Applesauce and 3/4 cup sugar until sugar slightly dissolves. Add baking powder and baking soda and let it rest for about 2 minutes as the mixture turns frothy.
- Add oil and lemon juice. Add sieved flour and lemon zest. Mix well but do not over-mix.
- Fold in blueberries gently, you do not want to crush them. Leave a few blueberries to be added on top of the batter.
- Line the muffin tray with paper liners and fill 3/4 full. Add remaining blueberries .
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Author – Asha Philar
For more muffins recipe check here ;
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!