A few weeks ago I whipped up some chocolate mug cake and it turned out really yumm and the best part, it was just ready in just 5 minutes. (Yes only Five!) So this time I wanted to try the lemon mug cake. The citrus flavor of lemon really stands out in the best possible way in this easy peasy lemon mug cake recipe.
This easy lemon mug cake is perfect for when you just want a single serving and not have any left overs in the house. Something that I also love about it 🙂 And the preparation couldn’t be simpler. You just mix the cake ingredients in a large coffee mug and pop it in microwave. Within minutes you have this delicious mug cake on your table.
This is an excellent treat when you really want something delicious, but don’t have the time for a complicated recipe. Mix it up and let your microwave do the rest of the work. So try this easy Lemon Mug Cake recipe to add to your list of favorites.
Note – If you are not a microwave friendly you can still make this zingy lemon mug cake in oven. Just bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F) for around 15 minutes, or until risen and an inserted skewer or fork comes out clean.
For this month A-Z recipe challenge the star ingredient is Lemon.
Preparation Time – 4 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 minute
Serve – 1 Mug Cake
1 Tablespoon – Coconut Oil
3 Tablespoon – Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tablespoon – Maple Syrup
4 Tablespoon – All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon – Baking Powder
1 Table spoon – Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon – Fresh Lemon Zest
Few Strawberries (optional) – To Garnish
How to go about it :
- In a large microwave safe mug, mix together coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add flour and baking power and mix well until everything is incorporated well.Grate some fresh lemon zest on top of batter and whisk into batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until the cake is done. Do the skewer test and make sure it comes out clean. If its undone microwave it again for another 10 seconds until you get the desired results.
- Top it with some fresh strawberries. Drizzle some maple syrup if desired.
- Enjoy your lemon infused dessert warm or cool !!
- If you are gluten free: substitute all purpose flour with rice flour or any other gluten free flour blend. In that case ensure the baking powder you use is gluten free. I have tried with rice flour and it turned out well for me.
- If you are not gluten free : You can also use whole wheat flour in place of APF, in that case you need to add some more milk as whole wheat flour needs more liquid or the batter turns dry.
- If you want to bake this mug cake in oven just bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F) for around 15 minutes, or until risen and an inserted skewer or fork comes out clean.
- Always use fresh baking powder. I always suggest to buy baking powder in small quantity.
- If you want to make lemon glaze icing :1/3 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar and 11/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice. In a small bowl or cup, use a fork to stir confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
I also have a few other recipes that you may be interested in checking out.
One Minute Microwave Brownie
Healthy Pineapple Upside Down Cake Eggless Honey Cake (Iyengar Bakery Style)
Eggless Strawberry Cake
Kidney Bean Brownies (No Refined Sugar and Flourless Recipe)
This recipe is shared in the A-Z Recipe Challenge where we share the recipes alphabetically choosing the main ingredient with the alphabet of the month.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!