Aam ka Muzaffar by Nandini Kini for #pkmangomagic recipe contest.
Delicious dessert,tastes heavenly in this hot summer when served chilled.
1/4 cup basmati rice
4 cups full fat milk
1/2 cup mango pulp pureed with 1/2 cup sugar (or as required depending on the sweetness of mango)
TO BE GROUND TO PASTE:
5 cashew nuts
2 tablespoon milk
3 strands of saffron soaked in warm milk
Almond and Pistachio bits for garnishing
- Wash well and soak the rice in water for an hour and grind into a coarse paste.
- Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel and add the ground rice paste.
- Stir continuously on medium flame till the paste cooks and mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile prepare a coarse paste of almonds, cashews and milk, add to the above mixture.
- Allow the mixture to thicken by stirring on a medium flame.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Add mango puree and saffron soaked in milk.
- Garnish with almond slivers and serve chilled.