Konkani delicacy – AMBE SASAM by Vidya Nayak Shenoy for #pkmangomagic contest.
I am presenting the pure Konkani/amchi delicacy – AMBE SASAM – prepared from ripe mangoes. This dish is traditionally prepared in every amchi household during the season. It is either prepared solely with mangoes or by adding pineapple n grapes, too.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
5 nos. of ripe mangoes – mostly of fleshy variety, like Alphanso/Badami, Mallika, Saindhoora(Here, I’ve used Saindhoora).
Half of a medium sized coconut, freshly grated.
3 guntur red chillies + 2 Byadagi red chillies.
Small, marble-sized tamarind.
Salt to taste.
Jaggery grated as per preference (I’ve used 120 gms).
1 teaspoon raw mustard seeds.
1) Wash and clean the mangoes; remove the skin.
2) Chop the mangoes into chunk sizes and keep aside.
3) Grind coconut + red chillies + tamarind + salt to a little coarse paste.
4) Lastly, add mustard seeds and grind again.
5) In a big bowl, mix the masala with the jaggery.
6) Add the mango chunks and mix gently.
7) Serve cold.
8) As this is not cooked or boiled, refrigerate immediately, and consume on the same day.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!