Mango Halwa by Jyoti Prabhu for #pkmangomagic recipe contest.
Mango Puree or Pulp – 1.5 cup
Cornflour / Cornstarch – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder / Yelakai Podi – 2 pods crushed
Nuts – 1/4 cup (cashews, badam)
Ghee – 5 tablespoons
- Grease a pan in which you are going to set the halwa well with ghee and set aside.
- Now take cornflour in a bowl, add in water and mix well.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a kadai, add in mango pulp and cook this for 3 to 4 mins.
- Now add in the cornflour mix and mix well. Add in sugar and keep mixing, it will thicken up.
- Now start adding 1 tablespoon of ghee and keep cooking, it will turn glossy and at one stage it will start to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add in cardamom powder and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour this into the pan or desired shaped bowl and set aside to cool down for couple of hours.
- Store in fridge