The moment summers starts to knock my door, I bring out the ultimate weapon to deal with it – Mangoes.Well, I have got the perfect mango milkshake recipe that is refreshing and packed with goodness of Mangoes, Saffron and Dry Fruits.
A mango milkshake recipe that has the most satisfying and creamy chill texture. It’s like drinking a luscious dessert. So lets start with how to choose the mangoes for the perfect, creamy mango milkshake.
How to choose the perfect Mango for creamy Mango Milkshake:
There are many varieties of mango available in the market during the season. For this milkshake recipe you should keep the following points in mind while buying mangoes –
- Mangoes should not be fibrous.
- Mangoes should not be sour or under ripe this may curdle the milk.
- I prefer the mangoes which are more sweet and fleshy like Alphanso or Dussheri. Sweeter the mangoes, lesser sugar will be required.
If you want to make this mango milkshake VEGAN, you may use coconut milk or any other nut milk like almond milk.
Now lets check the recipe to make this creamy and delicious Mango Milkshake.
Preparation Time – 3 mins
Cooking Time – 2 mins
Serve – 2
2 medium size – Alphanso Mango (Any other sweet variety of mango)
2 cup – Milk (Chilled)
Sugar – (to taste and this is optional, especially depending on the sweetness of the mangoes)
1 Pinch – Saffron Strands (To garnish)
1 teaspoon – Finely chopped, dryfruits – Almonds, pistachios, cashews (To garnish)
How to go about it:
- Wash, peel and chop the mangoes into small pieces and discard the stone. Add to the blender.
- Pour in the milk. The amount of milk can be reduced or increased depending on how thick you want the milkshake to be.
- Blend on the high speed for few seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the milkshake. Add sugar if desired.
- Garnish with almond flakes and saffron strands (kesar).
- Serve chilled.
- Try to use Indian sweet mangoes like alphonso or dussheri which have a sweet pulp and less fibre.
- You can add palm jaggery instead of sugar.
- To make it vegan, add coconut milk or almond milk.
- It is such a delicious drink that it rarely requires any add on, but if you want to go to the very indulgent route with this mango milkshake add a scoop of mango or vanilla ice-cream. I bet you will love it !
I do hope you try this easy and delicious mango milkshake recipe to beat the heat.
Stay connected with us for more exciting recipes at Facebook , Instagram and Subscribe us and www.paarulzkitchen.com
Happy Cooking 🙂