Aam Panna Popsicles by Anooshri Kaikini for #pkmangomagic recipe contest.
Summer is here and it’s time to cool down. Get in trend with the fruit season and chill off with Aampanna Popsicles with everything you could possibly ask for—sweet, tangy, thirst-quenching, light, and a perfect companion for summer.
Serves: approximately 6 popsicles.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Freezing time: 5 to 6 hours.
Mango: 1 medium sized (unriped/half riped)
Sugar: 4 to 5 teaspoons or according to your requirement,
Black salt: 1/4 teaspoon,
Cumin: 1/2 teaspoon,
Aamchoor powder: 1/4 teaspoon,
Mint leaves: 20 to 25,
Lemon juice: 1/2 to 1 lemon (according to the sweetness of the mango),
Water: 2 cups.
- Wash mango, cut the stem portion, scrape the skin, remove the seed & take only remaining portion by adding water Pressure cook until 2 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down completely.
- While the cooker cools down, dry roast cumins in tadka pan, then make powder in mortar & pestle or in mixer jar.
- Make a paste of washed mint leaves in mixer jar.
- Once after the cooked mango cools down, blend together with Pudina paste, sugar, black salt & amchoor powder.
- Add the water that we used while cooking, lemon juice & roasted cumin powder, mix it well.
- Do not add anymore water, because prepared popsicles may taste bland.
- Pour the prepared Aam Panna in popsicle moulds & deep freeze for 5 to 6 hours.
- While removing candies from moulds, hold the closed candy moulds under running water for a few seconds, so that you can easily remove them from moulds.
- Relish them immediately after taking out from the mould.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!