Theplas are perfect treat for a relaxed Sunday breakfast that’s what many people say but for me, its always in my breakfast menu 🙂 You can make plain thepla, methi, mooli or doodhi theplas.To give it a twist you can make thepla rolls. This is the basic recipe for making thepla and I am sure you will love it.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped methi leaves
- salt to taste
How to go about it-
For the dough
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and knead it into the semi soft dough using sufficient water.
- Knead the dough well using a tablespoon of oil, cover it with muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
For the thepla
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll them using wheat flour into 5 “diameter circle approximately.
- Heat a non-stick tava and cook each thepla both sides using little oil, till it turns golden brown from both sides.
- Serve it hot with sweet mango pickle.
- Do not use excess water to make the dough.
- Oil can be replaced with ghee for preparing the dough.
- Cook on low flame for perfect thepla.