Simple, yet delicious microwave vanilla cake I have eaten! It was Monday evening, raining heavily outside with cold breeze and I just wanted to have a dessert 🙂 Yes, sometimes it’s ok to indulge a little or (may be a lot!) into it. What do you say?? But who likes to come out of your cozy couch, and start the whole process of baking 🙂Na na …But,
This 5 minute recipe is a cinch to make and yields warm and soft vanilla cake just begging to be eaten! So try this out and let me know how it turns out for you and was it really worth to leave your cozy space?
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 3 mins
¾ cup – All purpose flour / maida
½ cup – powdered sugar
½ teaspoon – baking soda
½ cup – milk
3 tablespoon – melted butter
1 teaspoon – vanilla essence
1 teaspoon – vinegar
Strawberry syrup or chocolate syrup (optional) – to decorate
How to go about it –
- Sieve the all purpose flour, powdered sugar and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl and pour milk, melted butter and vanilla essence. Fold gently using spatula.(Do not add milk in one go, add as required to form smooth batter)
- Add vinegar and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Grease microwave safe bowl and pour the batter in and bake for 3 minutes.
- Once done, let the vanilla cake stand at room temperature for 5-6 minutes.
- Slowly release the sides with knife and demould it.
- Your cake is ready to serve!!
- Here I have used strawberry syrup and chocolate decoration as glaze.
- Use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Do not over mix your batter.
- Adjust the sugar accordingly.
- Allow your cake to cool before removing it.
- You can decorate your cake with chocolate icing or strawberry glaze or can serve the vanilla cake as it is.
- For strawberry jam glaze – Heat 2-3 tablespoon of strawberry jam with 1 tablespoon of water or 1 teaspoon of corn starch till the mixture thickens. Now spread this icing on the cake. You can use any jam to make jam glaze.
- For quick chocolate glaze – In a bowl, add ½ cup sugar, 4 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon melted butter mix well and microwave for 30 seconds. Now the mixture melts, add 2-3 tablespoon milk and give it a mix to get the right consistency. Your chocolate glaze is ready!