Its Mother’s Day tomorrow, here I am wishing my Maa and to all the mother’s a very happy mother’s day. This is the day to spoil all the special women out there and what a better way to do it through goodies baked by you . <3
May it be my parents birthday or anniversaries or any special occasion in my family I always love to write a letter to them. This may sound funny to some but for me this is something I always look forward to.
On the occasion of this special day here it goes for you Maa. You’ve always been the wind that helped the boat of my life sail through high tides, choppy waters and endless storms.
No one can love me more; no one can understand me better. No one can inspire me more; no one can hug me tighter.
Mumma today is your day and to be honest is another day to celebrate the greatest Mom in the world.I know a lot of people say they have the greatest mom, I truly believe that I have been blessed with the world’s greatest mom.
Don’t believe me; well let me give you some reasons why you are so great:
From the first day I can remember you have always said you love me and you are proud of me. No matter what I did, how well I did it, or even if I did anything at all, you were there to tell me that you loved me and that you were proud of me.
You have always been more concerned about me even if it cost you sleep.
You are always there to teach me how to live, and that was best done by the example you showed me each and every day.
I know it is not easy, but your example has shown me what it means to be a parent. You have taught me about patience, about discipline, and about how to unconditionally love.
You have always been doing, acting, and living a life that does not sit down and expect things to happen but makes them happen. You have been an active participant in my life and our family and for that you are the greatest Mumma in the World.
In a lifetime I will never find another, who will love me as unconditionally as you have. I am truly blessed to not only have you as my mother but a best friend. One who can see through my smile to know I am hurting. Who will do just about anything to see me happy, even if it means keeping silent whilst performing little deeds in the background. One whose fervent prayers have kept me safe from harm or sickness. I have so much to learn from you. I am always in awe when I witness your generosity, and your kindness to those in need.
Thank you so much for all your love and sacrifice, you are ‘Angel’ as I always call u and you are my inspiration.
Happy Mother’s Day Maa .I wish you best of health, joy and happiness today and always.Love you so much <3 <3
I was looking for a sweet treat for my mom and remembered this eggless malai cake recipe. This is the delectable dessert recipe shared by my face book friend Urvi Vaidya. Thank you so much for this recipe. Made this luscious cake for mother’s day, and believe me it is loved by everyone at home. Creamy malai makes this cake so soft it is just melt in mouth. I had some as it was out of oven and it tasted so divine…
Preparation Time – 15 mins
Cooking Time – 45 mins
1 cup – all purpose flour (Maida)
1 cup – whole wheat flour (Aata)
1 ½ cup – powdered sugar
1 cup – cream (Malai)
1 1/2 teaspoon – baking powder
½ teaspoon – baking soda
1 teaspoon – vanilla essence
Few drops of yellow food color (optional) OR
10-12 strands of saffron soaked in 2 tablespoon milk
1 cup – cold milk
2 tablespoon chopped nuts/ pistachios
How to go about it –
- Sieve all purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda 2-3 times and keep aside.
- Combine malai and sugar in a bowl and mix well till sugar nearly dissolves. Do not over beat.
- Now add vanilla essence and saffron milk (strands soaked in milk) and stir again lightly.
- Now add milk and flour mixture to the malai and fold the mixture gently with spatula. Mix till everything has been incorporated well.
- Pour the mixture in the well greased cake tin and garnish with nuts / pistachios.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 200 degree Celsius 30-40 minutes. Check the centre with a tooth pick after 40 minutes. If it comes out clean then the cake is done, else bake for another 5- 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your fresh malai cake warm or at room temperature. You can drizzle chocolate or butterscotch syrup. I had it plain and it was pure bliss!!
- Always use fresh ingredients.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and baking soda every time you make your cakes or any goodies.
- Adding color is optional.
- You can adjust sugar according to your taste buds.
So what are you waiting for? Surprise your mom with this divine eggless cake!! And do let me know how it turned out