I love to plan things well in advance and knowing that June will be the busy month in travel and other appointments I wanted to make something easy and delectable for new post on the blog and yes it has to be something sweet as June marks for Father’s Day too.
Made these simple and sweet gulkand stuffed paan coconut ladoo but could not post on time 🙁 Better late than never I decided to share these melt in mouth paan coconut ladoo with you all.
Absolutely easy and utterly delicious these paan coconut ladoo are loved by all. Gulkand stuffing in it give the wonderful twist to these simple coconut ladoos. You can make them in different flavors like rose coconut ladoo, mango coconut ladoo or even the chocolate ladoo.
So lets begin with the recipe;
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Serve – 14- 15 small size ladoos
200 grams – Desiccated Coconut
250 ml – Condensed Milk
5-6 no. – Betel Leaves (Paan)
2 teaspoon – Ghee
3-4 teaspoon – Gulkand
Few drops of green food color (optional)
1/2 cup – Desiccated Coconut (for rolling)
How to go about it:-
- Wash and chop the betel leaves.
- Blend it with condensed milk in the blender till both are well combined. Keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom, add ghee, once it is hot roast the desiccated coconut on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paan and condensed milk mixture to the roasted desiccated coconut and mix well. If you are adding food color, add now. (Adding color is optional).
- Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes and you will start noticing that the mixture will thicken. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Grease your hands with ghee, take small portion of coconut mixture and flatten it with your palms.
- Now place a bit of gulkand in the centre and roll gently sealing the gulkand inside to make the ladoos.
- Roll the prepared ladoo in desiccated coconut and keep aside.
- Your ladoos are ready to serve. Store these ladoos in air tight container and keep refrigerated.
- You can add dry fruits along with gulkand in the filling.
- Adding food color is optional.
- I have used readymade gulkand available in grocery stores, you can make gulkand at home following the simple recipe mentioned below.
- Gulkand Recipe: Heat a heavy bottom pan, add 1cup rose petals and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix them by adding 4-5 teaspoon water. Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves and rose petals are cooked. At this stage, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well. Allow it to cool. Your gulkand is ready to use. (LEMON JUICE is added to avoid sugar crystallization).
Stay tuned for more flavors with this super easy recipe 🙂
Happy Cooking !