What’s your favorite breakfast ? Mine is smoothies and sandwiches, quick and easy to make and filling too ! I usually make my sandwiches adding tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and green chutney on my bread. Once in a week I prepare this Panner bhurji sandwich which is full of flavors for our breakfast or teatime snack. This recipe is also a healthy and kids friendly options for lunch box or mid evening snacks.
Mr N loves paneer in anything and everything so this paneer bhurji sandwich is very regular in our menu ! I use home made paneer which is easy to prepare and way way better than the store brought which can be dry and rubbery.
I am using homemade paneer, onions, carrots, capsicum and tomatoes along with the herbs and spices to make the filling for this lip smacking paneer bhurji sandwich. You can add cheese to your filling but I avoid doing so.
Lets move on to the recipe to make this healthy and filling breakfast recipe for your family.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Serve – 4
8 No.- Bread Slices
1/2 Cup – Homemade Paneer/ Cottage Cheese, crumbled
1 No. – Carrot, finely chopped
1 No. – Capsicum, finely chopped
1 No. – Onion, finely chopped
1 No, – Tomato, finely chopped
1 Inch – Ginger, grated
2 Sprigs – Coriander, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
1/2 Teaspoon – Red Chilli Powder
2 teaspoon – Olive Oil
Salt to taste
Butter – To Roast the sandwich
1/4 Cup – Britannia or Amul Cheese, grated (optional)
How to go about it –
To Make Paneer Bhurji –
- In a pre-heated pan, add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, onion, capsicum, carrot and ginger. Saute’ them on low to medium heat till the veggies becomes soft.
- Once the carrot, capsicum and onions turns soft add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder and give it a good stir.
- Finally stir in the crumbled panner and add salt to taste. Mix to combine well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
To Assemble Paneer Bhurji Sandwich –
- Apply butter on both the bread slices and place them on a plate or a board.
- Evenly spread the paneer bhurji mixture on the bread slice.
- Grate the cheese on the paneer bhurji mixture.(optional)
- Cover the open sandwich with other bread slice .
- Melt the butter on a pre-heated pan and grill the paneer bhurji sandwich on it till your get crisp and golden brown color outside.
- Cut them into desired shaped and serve hot with tomato ketchup and smoothie or juice of your choice.
- Adding cheese is optional.
- You can cut down or increase the quantity of butter as per your taste preference. Adding butter in sufficient amount gives your sandwich a crisp texture and helps in grilling.
- You can use any bread of your choice, I have used sandwich bread here.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!