We are back with our guest post series.Our guest for share your passion 2019 series is Bhawana Singh. Bhawana a software professional turned into a food blogger and a happy stay at home mom. Her blog includes vegetarian recipes which are healthy, kids approved, and tasty. It is also a platform to showcase food styling, food photography and writing skills, which are part of food blogging. Her blog includes recipes that are made with readily available local and nutritious ingredients. Lets see what Bhawana has to share with us.
This pesto noodle with Brussels sprout is such a delicious and filling meal. Using leftover coriander and basil pesto, oven roasted Brussels sprout makes it perfect and lip smacking dish. This is a great noodle recipe for picnic or in tiffin box. With the goodness of herbs like green coriander, basil and fiber-rich vegetable like Brussels sprout this noodles makes a perfect recipe for lunch and dinner as well.
Brussels sprouts is a healthy vegetables which belongs to Brassicaceae family of vegetables. It is somewhat related to kale, cauliflower and mustard greens. It is very nutritious and looks like mini cabbage and taste a bit similar to cabbage. These are low in calorie but high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Rich in antioxidant which helps in protecting against cancer, being fiber-rich supports digestive system, helps in bone health and much more.
To make pesto noodles I had some leftover coriander basil pesto. I roasted Brussels sprout with some olive oil, black pepper and salt in the oven. Boiled noodles and mixed everything, adjusted salt as per taste. This is very quick process and easy to make. So let see how to make this pesto noodle with Brussels sprout.How To Make Coriander Basil Pesto
1 Cup basil leaves
1 Cup green coriander
2 cloves (I used a big shape cloves)
1/2 Cup walnut
Salt as per taste
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon olive oil for garnishing
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1. Take all the ingredients in a grinding jar.
2. Grind to get a smooth consistency. Adjust salt as per taste.
3. Keep it ready.
How To Make Oven Roasted Brussels Sprout
20-30 Pieces brussel sprout
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
1. Wash and clean Brussels sprouts. Cut them in half pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, salt, sugar and pepper.
3. To this add halved Brussels sprouts and mix nicely. It should be covered with oil nicely.
4. Preheat oven at 400F.
5. Spread these Brussels sprouts on a greased cookie sheet and roasted them for 15 minutes.
6. Take them out after 15 minutes. By this time Brussels sprout will be light brown in color. Keep them aside.How To Make Pesto Noodle With Brussels Sprout
1 Pack of noodles
3/4 Cup coriander basil pesto
20-30 Pieces oven roasted Brussels sprout
Salt as per taste
4 Garlic cloves chopped finely
1 Teaspoon olive oil
4 Cup of water
1 Green chili finely chopped
1. First of all, in a pan add water and noodles together and boil them till noodles are 90% cooked. It takes around 5-6 minutes on high flame.
2. After 5-6 minutes switch off the flame and drain all the water. Let the noodle sit until required.
3. Heat a saucepan add olive oil to it. Once it is heated enough add chopped garlic and chilies. Sauté them for 1 minute.
4. To this add oven roasted Brussels sprout and pesto. Stir it and cook for another one minute.
5. Finally add boiled noodles. Mix well, each noodle should be covered by pesto. Adjust salt as per taste.
6. Pesto noodles with Brussels sprout are ready to serve hot.
This is a great way of using leftover pesto and giving a new flavor to noodles. Also Brussels sprout taste great with pesto and noodles. Altogether this is a delicious meal.
So try this out and let us know how it turned out for you.
Check Bhawana’s blog here – Code2cook
To read more food stories, gourmet travelogue, and exotic recipes ,subscribe us via email and follow us at Face book, instagram and twitter http://www.paarulzkitchen.com
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!