One day I was craving for a sweet and as mangoes are in now days ,so made this Mango kalakand .Making kalakand means loads of time consumption but this is quick and tastiest sweet I have ever tried. Kalakand is a popular Pakistani and Indian sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk and cottage cheese. The dish is originated in Alwar, Rajasthan. So here goes the recipe.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time- 3 hours
Mango pulp – 2 whole mangoes
Cottage cheese – 175 grams (crumbled)
Condensed milk – half tin (you can use as per your taste buds)
Green Ilaichi (cardamom)-3 to 4 pieces(crushed)
Dry coconut strands for garnishing
- First take a wok add mango pulp in it.
- Stir it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now add condensed milk in it and mix well on medium flame.
- Now add crumbled cottage cheese in the mixture.
- Stir the mix slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you will find the mixture starts getting little dry and got mixed up properly. Switch off the flame. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Now take a tray or flat plate grease it with little oil and pour the mixture in the tray.
- Pat it with a flat spatula or spoon.
- Then take green ilaichi crush it and sprinkle in on the kalakand.
- Again with a flat spoon press it gently.
- Keep in fridge for 2 to 3 hours to get it set.
- Take it out after 2 hours and cut it into your desired shape and sprinkle coconut strands to garnish.
- Enjoy your healthy and tasty Mango Kalakand.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!