Curd Rice ? Yes coz it is healthy !
We have with us Seema Doraiswamy from Mildly Indian to share this healthy recipe of Quinoa Thayir Sadam. Seema started her blog around 4 years ago where she writes about simple fun free, flavorful recipes around the globe. Do check out her blog mentioned at the end of the post.
Lets move on to the recipe –
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 20 minutes with Passive Time – 15 minutes
Serve – 4 with a serving size of 180 grams.
2 cups – soft cooked quinoa
2 cup – natural set yogurt (curd)
½ cup – low fat milk ( use as needed)
½ cup – chopped cucumbers
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon – oil
¼ teaspoon – mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon – urad dal
1 pinch – hing
2-3 curd cured chillies (or red chillies)
¼ teaspoon – grated ginger
7-8 curry leaves
- Soft cook the quinoa and fluff with a fork. Set it cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, salt, chopped cucumbers and mix well. Set aside while preparing the tempering.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. As the crackle add the urad dal. Once the urad is pale brown add all the other ingredients and sauté well till the curry leaves are crispy.
- Now check the Quinoa mix and see if it is too thick. If so add enough milk to make it scoopable and mix well. Add the tempering and serve.
- If you are serving it later, store in the refrigerator. You may need to add some more milk as it will become thicker upon keeping.
Enjoy this easy and nutritious recipe.
Seema’s Blog : https://mildlyindian.com
To read more food stories, gourmet travelogue, and exotic recipes ,subscribe us via email and follow us at Face book, instagram and twitter – http://www.paarulzkitchen.com