If you are short on time or need some simple recipe for your Valentine’s Day date or a perfect family dinner, you are at the right place ! This no-bake chocolate tart is what you need. And what if I tell you it is prepared using Ragi Cookies ? You’re probably wondering now how good a tart be? I am here to tell you that it tastes fabulous ! Think rich, decadent and chocolatey dessert with just few ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE A NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE TART
NO BAKE RAGI COOKIE CRUST :
I wanted a simple cookie crust for this no bake chocolate tart that doesn’t require oven time. To make it, you simply add Ragi Cookies (or any other cookies like Oreo with a cream filling) into a blender and blend until they become the fine crumbs .Then stir in the dates syrup & melted butter and press it into the tart pan. Now you can place it in the fridge to set for few minutes or until you make the ganache filling. That’s easy right?
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FILLING :
Chocolate ganache is one of those recipes that many people think is difficult one or a fancy stuff, but its not at all ! You just require few ingredients to make this recipe. Seriously, it’s way easier than you think ! It all starts with good quality chocolate and cream. Here in this recipe I have used both milk and dark chocolate to create a more complex, less bitter flavor, but using just dark chocolate is fine as well.
Basically when you have your ganache ingredients, you low-boil the cream and butter (in the microwave or stovetop) and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for two minutes, then mix together. Wow! Wasn’t that extremely simple?
Lastly, the tart is assembled, garnished with some fresh strawberries and pistachios. This is such an elegant dessert for Valentine’s Day, but you can upgrade it by garnishing it on the top with some raspberries, chocolate shavings, cocoa powder or some roasted chopped nuts. Just get creative !
I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE THIS NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE TART RECIPE. IT IS
- Easy to make
- Prepared in 10 minutes !
- Filled with rich chocolate ganache
- Made with crispy rage cookies
- Requires no baking
- Very delicious
- The perfect simple dessert !
Cooking Time – 10 Minutes
Yield – 9-inch (23 cms) Tart
Ragi Cookie Crust
24 No. – Ragi Cookies or other cookies with cream filling
85 Grams – Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Teaspoon – Dates Syrup
For Chocolate Ganache
1 Cup or 170 Gram – Bittersweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 Cup or 170 Gram – Milk Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 Cup or 240 ml – Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup or 56 Gram – Melted Butter
Fresh Strawberries or Choice of toppings
How to go about it :
- To make the Ragi Cookie Crust – Pulse the cookies in the food processor or grinder until finely ground. Transfer the crumbs to the bowl and add melted butter and dates syrup.Mix until combined and moistened. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23cm) tart pan. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up before adding the filling.
- To make the Chocolate Ganache Filling – In a medium heatproof bowl, place chopped bittersweet and milk chocolate. Set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and butter to a low boil. Remove from the heat and pour mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, stir mixture until melted and smooth (if not completely melted, heat in the microwave for several seconds and stir, until melted). Pour mixture over chilled Ragi Cookie crust and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight. You can make the tart a day ahead of time.
- When the ganache is firm you can remove the tart by gently pressing against the removable bottom of your pan. Decorate your tart with strawberries or other toppings of your choice.
- Enjoy !
- Use a measuring cup with straight sides to press the cookie crumb into the tart pan. You can use your hands, but a measuring cup will yield a really pretty result and it makes it way easier.
- Don’t over boil the cream! When it starts to form tiny bubbles around the edges of the pan, it’s hot enough.
- If you want a crisper and less soft crust you can bake it in a 175 degree celsius (350Degree F) preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.Than let it cool completely before filling it with the ganache.
- Before serving top it with the berries and fresh fruits as the water and juice from the berries will make the ganache a slightly different color.
- Best serve cold. I prefer to take the tart out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before serving so that the ganache filling will soften and become creamier.