Kidney beans and brownies ?? Yes you read it right.
These super decadent kidney bean brownies are not only delicious but also healthy. Packed with proteins and naturally sweetened with honey they are perfect for anyone and everyone ! This recipe is flour free, refined sugar free. So what you are waiting for? Surprise your family with these Choco bean brownies. Don’t you think this is the good way to include beans in your kids diet.
How I decided to use them ?
This recipe here is to participate for A-Z Recipe Challenge which was started by Vidya & Jolly where one has to share the recipe every month with the particular ingredient as per the alphabet of the month. So for this month the alphabet is K and I have chosen KIDNEY BEAN as the star ingredient for this recipe.
I first tried this recipe by using black beans and they came out really nice so tried using kidney beans here and must say this will be my go to recipe for my clients who wants something healthy !
So now without talking much let me share the recipe of this fudgy chocolate treat- Kidney Bean Brownies.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15-20 minutes
Serve – 10-11 brownies
250 gram – Kidney Beans Cooked
2 Tablespoon – Coco Powder
1/2 Cup – Oats
1/2 Cup – Raw Honey
1/4 Cup – Coconut Oil
2 Teaspoon – Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon – Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2-3 Tablespoon – Chopped Walnut or Choco Chips – for topping (optional)
How to go about it :
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Drain and rinse the cooked beans. Place them in the food processor or blender and blend them well.
- Add all the ingredients and blitz in the food processor until smooth dough like mixture is formed.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts or choco chips, then pour in greased 8×8 tin.This brownie mix is thick and sticks together. You will need to use your hands or another sheet of parchment paper to flatten it out in the pan.
- Sprinkle some more walnut bits or chips.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the edges are brown.Allow it to cool before serving.
- Serving suggestion- You can top it with some chocolate sauce or can enjoy with scoop of your favorite ice-cream. Or the best is just enjoy the warm slice with milk.
- Oven temperature and baking time may vary from oven to oven. So keep a watch !
- If you prefer more sweetness add 2-3 teaspoon of honey while making a brownie dough.
If you try the brownies, be sure to rate the recipe here, or tag @paarulzkitchen on Instagram
I know what you are thinking ? Trust me you will love it !! And don’t forget to share your pictures on my Insta and Facebook page @paarulzkitchen.
Happy Baking !!
Some more delicious recipes – Pineapple Upside Down Cake