Knowing that I have friends and family who appreciate and love me, is the best feeling. Thanks to all of you who sent their warmest and thoughtful wishes for my new venture. Your wishes have become a keepsake that will forever remind me of wonderful people in my life.
No better way to express my heartfelt gratitude than sharing my favorite recipe. Much love! A big thank you to all.
Fluffy and moist, these eggless buttery red velvet cuppies are my favorite. Finally Nailed It!!!! These deep red vanilla cake with a light taste of chocolate, topped with cream cheese frosting are easy to whip up for your next get-together.
- 1 – ½ cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red color (tomato red)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk (lukewarm)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3rd cup melted butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence , pinch of salt.
How to go about it:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl sieve all the dry ingredients together – maida, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them well.
- Mix the milk with vinegar and keep aside for 5 minutes. The milk will curdle to form buttermilk. Now add color to this mix.
- Separately whisk the wet ingredients – prepared buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Add it to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula or with electric beater till there are no lumps.
- Now pour the batter in a cupcake mould and bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove and cool.
Note: Red food coloring will stain your hands, clothes and mouth, so use caution when handling.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 200 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting
In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Begin adding powdered sugar, creaming thoroughly after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract and cream. Continue adding powdered sugar until frosting has a pearly sheen and thick, gooey yet spreadable consistency.
Note: You must use a brand of heavy cream that whips very easily to stiff peaks. (if the cream you are using don’t form the stiff peaks easily, whip the cream separately till it forms the stiff peaks and than fold with cream cheese
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!