Have you ever tried a savory donut? Try these healthy donuts made with Farmz2Familiez Medu Vada batter. These are healthy filled with spinach and sprouts and seasoned with minced garlic and ginger.
Try these as your breakfast and lunch options and I m sure you will love these savory donuts.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 15 mins
Serves – 2
2 cup – Farmz2Familiez medu vada batter
½ cup – chopped spinach
½ cup – green moong sprouts, coarsely ground
5-6 – curry leaves
¼ teaspoon – asafetida
1 teaspoon – ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
How to go about it –
- In a large bowl take medu vada batter, add chopped spinach, coarsely ground sprouts, curry leaves, asafetida, and ginger garlic paste, salt to taste and mix well.
- Beat the batter for 3-4 mins till it becomes light and fluffy. To check the batter, put one drop of batter in glass of water and the batter should float. This means your batter is ready. Add water if needed. Keep the right consistency.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium flame.
- Wet the palm with water and take spoonful of batter on your palm and spread to form a round shape and make hole in centre like donut.
- Now slowly slide the donuts in the hot oil.
- Fry the donuts both sides till golden brown. Remove them from pan and transfer to paper towel to remove access oil.
- Serve them hot with cup of masala chai or just have it with ketchup.
- See that the batter is not very thick otherwise the donuts will be hard from inside.
- It is the consistency of batter which is very important should not be too thick or too soft.
- You can add herbs and spices according to your taste.