You are wonderful parents to your own two sons, and the most wonderful grandparents to your grandchild. To me, you are person I can go to for advice or simply a chat and a gossip. I do not feel you are told often enough just how much you are cared about and how grateful I am that you are in our life.
May you be blessed with a long healthy life. May all the happiness in the world come to you. May whatever you always dreamt of come true. May you have best of your times today and always.
Happy Father’s day to you papaji!
Watermelon Ice cream
What calls for summer?? Yes a perfect scoop of homemade ice cream. Watermelon season is around and we have been juicing watermelons, making watermelon lemonade or eating it as it is. Why not make ice cream! This smooth, rich, creamy and cold frozen dessert with three simple ingredients is perfect scoop for your loved ones. Top it with candy seeds so it looks like watermelon.
- 1 cup watermelon pulp
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream (Tropolite Dairy free or Rich)
- 2 tablespoon choco chips (optional)
- 2 drop of pink food color (optional)
How to go about it –
- Wash watermelon . Cut in half, scoop out chunks of watermelon and pulse them in a juicer until you have 1 cup of pulp.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until it becomes semi solid.
- In another mixing bowl, take watermelon pulp and condensed milk .Mix well with spatula.
- Now slowly add whipped cream to the above mix of watermelon pulp and condensed milk. Mix it well with hand blender to form the smooth, creamy texture.
- Keep it in an airtight container and freeze it.
- Ice cream will be ready in 6-8 hours.
- While serving top it with choco chips.(optional) I used it to resemble it with watermelon seeds
- Keep the whipping bowl in freezer for 2 hours before using it to whip cream.
- Use heavy cream for best results.
- To make it vibrant pink you can add 2 drops of pink food color after step: 4. (Here the watermelon was super red so I have not used any color).
- Always keep it in airtight container to avoid ice crystals and cover it with aluminum foil before placing the lid.