There’s nothing more delicious than real Italian ice cream. This spiced Belgian chocolate ice cream recipe is creamy, indulgent and refreshing. Spiced with cinnamon and chili powder and moreover served in fancy spaghetti cups.
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 10 servings
GELATO: 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup dutch process cocoa powder or special dark cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 – 3 teaspoons chili powder adjust to taste
SPAGHETTI CUPS: 150 gm spaghetti
1/4 cup flaxseed gel (or 1 egg, lightly beaten)
BRUSHING: 1/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoon powdered sugar
DOUGH: 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch of salt
1) To make spicy chocolate ice cream, Whisk together the cream, cocoa and 3/4 cup sugar in a medium saucepan.
2) Warm the mixture over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until it comes to a full rolling boil (the mixture will foam up).
3) Remove from the heat before it overflows and immediately add the chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted.
4) Stir in the milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and chili powder.
5) Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours, until thoroughly chilled.
6) To make base of cups, knead a semi soft dough with flour, butter, 1 tbsp sugar and salt, by adding little water at a time.
7) Preheat oven to 160’C.
8) Roll out the dough as thin as possible and prick all over with a fork. cut in circles using large cookie cutter.
9) Place this dough sheet in outer side of baking cups by inverting it upside down. press it gently to make it as even layer.
10) Boil spaghetti in boiling water until just tender and we are able to bend it.
11) Drain and wipe off any extra water by gently pressing between kitchen towels.
12) Coat spaghetti one by one by dipping them in flaxseed gel (or egg) and arrange it over the dough (already placed over the cups).
13) Mix milk and 2 tbsp sugar in a bowl and brush the spaghetti cups with milk mixture.
14) Place this cups upside down and bake it till golden brown, nearly 15-17 minutes.
Once done, cool in wire racks.
15) To serve, scoop out chilled ice cream and place it in spaghetti bowls. Dizzle with some chocolate sauce.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!