Refreshing and full of vitamins, this juice combo is a great pick-me-up for any time of the day. This is a fantastic juice which I absolutely love and make several times each month.
Pears provide a good source of fiber, vitamin B2, C, E, copper and potassium as well as a significant amount of pectin, a soluble fiber which helps move foods through the digestive tract. Pears are renowned for their good antioxidants properties which help protect cells from free radical damage.
Carrots are not just for Bugs Bunny!
They are indeed a blessing as they are a rich source of necessary nutrients and minerals. They help treat and prevent diseases like cancer and diabetes and improve our vision, skin, hair, and nails. It is an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body.
Try out this glow worthy morning tonic!!
Preparation Time – 15 mins
Serves – 4 small glasses
- 5 carrots large, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 pears, peeled, roughly chopped, seeds and pips removed
- Honey/ palm sugar to taste
How to go about it –
- Wash the carrots and pears, peel and chop roughly.
- Blend the carrots, pears and honey (or any other sweetener) together with 3 cups of water until smooth.
- Pour the juice into the glasses and serve chilled.
- Some prefer to strain the juice for a smooth texture, but in doing so, much of the fibre and nutrients get lost. To ensure the drink is smooth, start blending with the minimal amount of water, and add more as it blends.